Thursday, January 24, 2013

"The Contenders" Blog Hop

Hi everyone!! It's baaaack! That's right. The blog hop for those of us who submitted projects to Paper Crafts Magazine, but didn't make it into the publication is back with a new name - The Contenders! Why the new name? I wanted the name to focus more on the projects rather than the rejection. We all worked very hard and I know that all our projects are absolutely gorgeous. Let's celebrate our creativity and inspire each other!! Paper Crafts Magazine has limited space. They can't take all of our work. I'm sure they would if they could!!


I only have a few rules. Here they are:
  • Feel free to link any project you created that didn't make the cut and that you don't plan to resubmit to another call in the future. 
  • Please remember to add the link to the actual post, not your general blog address. 
  • If you don't have a blog, you can link to an online photo sharing site like Flickr. 
  • Share as many projects as you like.
  • You can link anytime between now and Sunday at 11:59, which is when the collection closes.
  • Please take time to look at participant's work and leave an encouraging comment.
Today, I'm sharing two projects I made. Both are for the nautical themed call.



I created this one primarily by cutting paper into shapes using scisors and punches. The wood planks were created with a stamp by Unity and some distressing. I added twine to both the banner and the life saver and stamped it with a sentiment from Joy's Life stamps.



To create this one, I first added paper and washi tape to my card base. I added the captain's wheel, which I made with my Silhouette Cameo and embellished the card with a star, gem and some flair by Bossy Joscie!! The sentiment is from A. Jillian Vance Design.

Thanks for stopping by. Please add your link below to participate and hop along!




19 comments :

Angi Barrs said...

Your cards are adorable. Love the banner!!!

A Jillian Vance Design said...

I love both of those cards! Great Job and very cool way to show them off!

Jingle said...

These are both really cute! I love the wood grain strips on the top card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, your cards are too cool! Now I'm embarrassed about my own contenders. The flags are so cute on the first card and I really love how you stamped the woodgrain. I thought it was pp! The mix of elements on the second card is fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your happy nautical cards, Annette! The colors and design are absolutely FAB! What a great idea to share our contending cards!HUGS!

Smitha katti said...

I love your cards Annette! Ahoy Matey! Love this blog hop idea too :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

I LOVE these cards, both are super cute! I also love that you used bossy joscie flair! <3

Houses Built of Cards said...

Thanks for hosting this!!! What a fab idea! And LOVE your beautiful cards! They are so fun and perfect!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Annette Allen said...

wow your cards are always so creative and fun..

Katie Gehring said...

Super cute cards, Annette! Thank you for providing a forum for these projects! You rock!

Barb Turpin said...

Love those nautical flags, thanks for this fun forum!

Chark said...

Fun idea! I didn't post originally that it was a reject from Papercrafts...but I'm going back to add it in! :)

Love your woodgrain with the nautical theme--perfect choice!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love your cards Annette! That wood plank background is awesome. Thanks for heading this up. I love seeing everyone's entries.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards and a wonderful idea!! I know that its alot of work to submit and people can get discourged, so I LOVE this idea!!

Susan said...

Your cards are so cute! I love this idea for a blog hop, thank you for hosting!!

Cassie_lu said...

what a fun idea. Your cards look amazing and I really like how you created the first one.

Sheila H said...

Your card are bright, cheerful and fun!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such fun cards! I especially like the first one. Thanks so much for hosting this hop!

Tracy said...

Your cards are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...